Phone: (204) 957-1717
Kerry received his Juris Doctor from the University of Saskatchewan, College of Law, in 1995. He articled in Winnipeg and received his call to the Manitoba Bar in 1996 and Ontario in 2018. Kerry maintains a litigation practice and has appeared in all levels of Courts.
Areas of Focus:
• Family Law: Divorce actions, legal separations, pre-nuptial agreements, spousal agreements, child custody and support disputes, and resolving the division of marital property.
• Criminal Law: Representation for trials and appeals for offences contrary to the Criminal Code, Federal and
Provincial Statutes, and Regulatory Agencies. Charges stemming from Impaired Driving Offences, Domestic Violence matters, Property Offences, and related offences.
• Civil Litigation: Personal Injury, slip and fall, contract disputes, Builders’ Liens, Appeal Boards and Administrative Tribunals.
• Real Estate: Purchase and sale of residential property in Winnipeg and surrounding area.
• Member of the Manitoba Criminal Defence Lawyers Association;
• In 2008 (and continuing to present) appointed as a Special Prosecutor by the Manitoba Attorney General, prosecuting matters of conflict on behalf of Manitoba Justice;
• Law Society of Manitoba CPLED Instructor & Evaluator, "Interviewing and Advising";
• Law Society of Manitoba CPLED Instructor & Evaluator, “Written Advice and Advocacy”;
• Presenter for the Law Society of Manitoba, “Privacy in the Family Law Context”;